Every year, the Penn State Program in Rhetoric and Writing teaches approximately 13,000 students spread over approximately 550 sections of courses in First-Year Writing and Writing in the Professions.
- In 2013, the Program was awarded a CCCC Writing Program Certificate of Excellence.
- Browse our growing list of teaching materials.
- View pedagogical handouts pedagogical training.
- Watch videos by Penn State instructors on teaching in the Program in Rhetoric and Writing. Graduate students can also find information about our Graduate Writing Center, a great resource for students of all disciplines.
- Read about the Technical Writing or Rhetoric minor.
- Learn about the Excellence in Communication Certificate.
- Meet with or become an undergraduate peer writing tutor through Penn State Learning.
- Submit your first-year writing to Penn Statements, the Program in Writing and Rhetoric's 30 year old journal of student essays.